MPI Tire Program
MPI Winter Tire Program | Twin Motors | The Pas |
Even if you're driving safely, winter roads can be slippery. Winter tires can help you stop more quickly and avoid sliding on ice and snow. Reduce your risk on the road with the MPI Winter Tire Program, which provides low-interest financing to eligible Manitobans, on up to $2,000 per vehicle. This financing can be used for the purchase of approved winter tires and associated costs from Twin Motors.
Many different products and services that can be financed
- Winter Tires
- All-Weather Tires usable all year round (must have snowflake)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors
- Studding Tires
- Installation and Balancing
- Wheel Alignment
- Nitrogen Fill
How do I get started with the MPI Program?
1. Check your eligibility at: https://apps.mpi.mb.ca/wtp/cst/default.aspx To be eligible you must:
- be an individual (not corporate) Manitoba Public Insurance customer
- purchase qualifying winter tires for a passenger vehicle or light truck registered under your name
- not be subject to financing restrictions or have outstanding arrears on your Manitoba Public Insurance account.
2. Speak with one of our tire experts to pick your tires, rims and other services. We will recommend the best tire for your vehicle and driving style.
- Come and see our tire experts at your nearest Twin Motors Location
- Call our parts department to discuss your options at 204-623-6401
3. We will confirm your eligibility and schedule your appointment
4.On the day of your appointment we will confirm the details of your loan and complete the loan authorization with you. You will be asked:
- Select financing term between one and four years and a monthly payment withdrawal day
- choose between using the payment information on your existing Manitoba Public Insurance account or have your Autopac agent contact you for information
- provide your phone number and preferred Autopac agent
5. Twin Motors will print your loan information (including applicable interest rate), promissory note and terms and conditions for your to read and sign. If your purchase exceeds $2,000, you can pay the excess amount to Twin Motors directly.
6. Processing your loan
Twin Motors will send your signed forms to your Autopac agent, who may contact you to confirm your information. After your Autopac agent processes your loan, they will mail you your payment schedule and loan information. Your first payment is withdrawn one month from the date the loan is processed. Subsequent preauthorized payments are withdrawn each month on the withdrawal day you selected. Please note: You may see two withdrawals in your first month if your selected withdrawal day follows the day of the month that the loan was processed. For example if your loan was processed Oct. 5, and your selected withdrawal day was the 8th, then your first payment will be Nov. 4 and your second payment will be Nov. 8.